You can buy a premade sauce at the store or make it on your own!
Honey Sesame Sauce:
- 1/4 cup of chicken stock or water
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce (reduced sodium)
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
Chicken Lunch Bowls:
- 2 cups of cauliflower rice
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 3 cups of broccoli chopped into smaller pieces
- 3 cups snap peas cut into small pieces
- 2 large chicken breasts cut into small pieces
- salt and pepper
- sesame seeds garnish
- Shake together honey sesame sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Cook cauliflower rice according to package instructions. Divide between four containers.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan. Add broccoli and snap peas and cook for 5 or so minutes until bright green and tender. Add to the storage containers.
- Add chicken to the pan and add additional olive oil if necessary. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 7 or so minutes until cooked through.
- Add sauce to the pan and simmer for 2 minutes until thickened.
- Add the chicken to the lunch containers and drizzle with sauce. Garnish with sesame seeds if desired.
- Store in the fridge for up to 4 days. Reheat to serve.
Recipe and Photo Courtesy: Sweet Peas and Saffron- substituted white rice for cauliflower rice.