- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of lemon vest
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of pepper
- 4 pieces of salmon filet
- 1 pound of asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat couscous
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- lemon slices and/or parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper. Reserve 1/4 cup of the mixture by placing it in another small bowl.
- Arrange the salmon pieces down the center of the baking sheet and drizzle/brush with the lemon juice mixture, saving the reserved 1/4 cup of the mixture for the asparagus. Place salmon in the preheated oven and bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and add asparagus along the sides of the pan. Drizzle asparagus with the reserved 1/4 cup lemon mixture and toss gently.
- Return the pan to the oven and continue baking for about 10 minutes, until salmon is cooked through. If desired, turn on the broiler during the last 2-3 minutes of baking to help the salmon and asparagus brown on top. Season with more salt and pepper to taste, as needed.
- While the salmon and asparagus cook, prepare couscous according to package directions. Top with a squeeze of lemon juice, sliced almonds, and a sprinkle of parsley.
Recipe idea and photo courtesy: Kristine’s Kitchen