An easy breakfast recipe for one! A unique take on a classic breakfast item, this savory oatmeal will keep you full all morning and may help regulate blood sugar due to its high fiber content.
- 1/4 cup Quick Oats
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 of a bell pepper, diced (equal to about 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 of an onion, chopped (equal to about 2-3 tablespoons)
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 large egg
Optional: 1-2 tablespoons shredded cheese
- Place coconut oil in nonstick pan and heat bell pepper and onion until softened
- In a separate pot, bring water to a boil and add oatmeal, after oatmeal is added reduce heat and let cook for 3 minutes until liquid is absorbed.
- Keep heat on low on the oatmeal and stir in cooked bell pepper and onion. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover oatmeal to keep warm and use the nonstick pan to fry the egg as desired.
- Pour oatmeal with bell peppers and onion into bowl and place cooked egg on top.
- Top with any desired spices and enjoy!
Modified from Healthy Nibbles