A simple and delicious recipe perfect for parties and get-togethers.
- 12 organic corn tortillas
- 2 cups pinto or black beans- preferably soaked overnight
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, deveined and minced
- 3 TBSP chopped fresh cilantro (great for detoxing)
- 1 lime
- Celtic sea salt and pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- diced tomatoes
- 1 avocado, cubed
Cut tortillas edges to make them smaller so they fit in cupcake pans like in the picture. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350°F or until they are hard and crispy. Mix beans, onion, pepper, cilantro, lime juice and tomatoes (optional) in a large bowl and season to taste. Sprinkle olive oil on top. Spoon the bean salsa into the tortilla cups and garnish with cubed avocado or guacamole.