Makes: 4 servings
- Serving Size: 2/3 cup shrimp & 3/4 cup squash
- Active Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minute
- 1 2 1/2- to 3-pound spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup dry white wine, such as pinot grigio
- 1 pound peeled and deveined raw shrimp (16-20 per pound), tails left on if desired
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- Lemon wedges for serving
- Place squash cut-side down in a microwave-safe dish; add 2 tablespoons water. Microwave, uncovered, on High until the flesh is tender, about 10 minutes. (Alternatively, place squash halves cut-side down on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake in a 400°F oven until the squash is tender, 40 to 50 minutes.)
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic, coriander, cumin, 1/4 teaspoon salt and cayenne; cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
- Add wine and bring to a simmer.
- Add shrimp and cook, stirring, until the shrimp are pink and just cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice.
- Use a fork to scrape the squash from the shells into a medium bowl.
- Add cilantro, butter, pepper and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt; stir to combine. Serve the shrimp over the spaghetti squash with a lemon wedge on the side.