For the Instant Pot Chicken:
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast and/or thighs
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced
- 1/3 cup chicken broth or water
- 1 cup Tessemae’s BBQ sauce, divided
For the Slaw:
- Bag of organic broccoli slaw
- 1/2 cup seeds, toasted (sunflower or pumpkin seeds)
- 1/2 cup Chosen Foods avocado mayo (add more to your liking)
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 4 scallions, ends trimmed & sliced (white part and midway up the green part)
- Optional: 1/4 cup dried cranberries or raisins, salt to taste
For serving (optional): 4-8 small to medium sweet potatoes, baked
- If serving with sweet potatoes, wash them, coat with coconut oil, sprinkle with salt, and bake at 375 for 45-60 mins.
- Next place the chicken, yellow onion, broth and 1/2 of the BBQ sauce in the Instant Pot.
- Place lid on the Instant Pot, lock it in place and seal it.
- Set the Instant Pot on the poultry setting for 13 minutes.
- While the chicken is in the Instant Pot, make the slaw by combining all of the slaw ingredients in a medium bowl and tossing until well combined. Place in fridge until ready to serve.
- Once the 13 minutes is up on the Instant Pot, press cancel and let the pressure release naturally for 5-10 minutes. Then switch to venting to finish releasing the pressure. Remove the lid. Transfer the chicken to a platter and with two forks or a tong, pull the chicken breast/thighs apart.
- Transfer the chicken back to the Instant Pot. If there is a lot of liquid, remove about half of it.
- Add the remaining BBQ to the Instant Pot and toss until chicken is well coated. Add as much BBQ sauce as you’d like.
- To serve: Slice a baked sweet potato in half, stuff it with chicken and top it with the simple slaw. Drizzle with additional BBQ sauce or dressing and garnish with fresh cilantro or parsley if you wish.