- 1 large egg
- 2 Tbsp organic applesauce
- 2/3 cup organic coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup organic creamy unsweetened peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon gluten-free pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Beat together egg, sugar, baking soda and vanilla in a standing mixer, food processor or blender. Beat in the peanut butter. Stir in chocolate chips if using.
Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet, pressing lightly with the back of a fork. Bake for 10 minutes, until lightly set. Transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.